Genre: eLearning | MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 48.0 KHz
Language: English | Size: 562 MB | Duration: 6h 18m
Introduction to ROS | ROS & Arduino Interface Programming | ROS-Arduino Hardware Interfacing via USB
What you'll learn
ROS Introduction and Software Architecture
ROS system AND Arduino board Interfacing via USB Port
Arduino Programming part in C++
Students will be able to interface ROS system with Micro-Controller Via USB
C++, Python[ Object creation , Function Calling, Libraries]
In this course, you will learn about Robot Operating System basics and you will learn to interface ROS and Arduino.
The course will start with the introduction to Robot Operating System (ROS). After that, the course will walk you through the software architecture of ROS system. You will also briefly learn about Robot Control System.
Finally, Interfacing ROS and Arduino requires programming, so, the course will also guide you to program in ROS and Arduino SYSTEM. The programming part in ROS contains the simple publisher and subscriber program in PYTHON. On the other hand, the Arduino program is in C++which deals with interfacing. The last part will practically demonstrate the interfacing between Arduino Nano Circuit and the ROS system via USB.
1. An introduction to ROS ---- > Definition, Available version, Skill requirements, ROS resources , Recommended hardware, Installation techniques
2. Robot Operating System Architecture -----> Robot Operating System Packages , Topic Communication, Service Communications, Useful terminal commands, Ros run, Ros launch
3. Robot control System Basics (Arduino Nano in detail) ---- > Robot control System Basics, Arduino Nano intro, Project overview for programming.
4. ROS Programming[publisher & subscriber] ------ > First part deals with the explanation of Python code which has subscriber and publisher , Second part deals with implementation in the Linux machine.
5. Arduino Programming[interfacing program] -------- > First part deals with Arduino program which has subscriber and publisher , Second part deals with practical implementation such as downloading ROS library, uploading the code to Arduino board.
6. Interfacing ROS & Arduino via USB port ---- > Details on downloading USB interface library package in ROS System and finally, demonstrating ROS , Arduino interface
Finally, Students will be able to send commands for ROBOTS micro-controller from the ROS System via USB. More interestingly, the same course program can be modified to control the robotic arm servo motors.
Who this course is for
Beginner programmers -- interested & curious about ROBOTICS -- Your first step towards Robotics