Learn To Draw: A Beginner's Guide To Sketching Anything!
Genre / Category:Drawing & Painting
File Size :983MB
Product Details In this drawing for beginners class, I'll walk you through all the fundamental drawing skills and observation techniques you need to get started with the basics of sketching.
Learning to draw can be overwhelming. Where do you start? What should you draw? How should you draw it? How can you make your hand draw the shape youre trying to create?!
These are all very good questions, and in this class, I'll answer all of them, and more, as I'll guide you through some simple steps to get you started with sketching anything.
This class is aimed at complete beginners, but if you have a little drawing experience you may find some of the exercises and tips give you some fresh perspectives.
W H A T Y O U W I L L L E A R N
- We will begin by warming up and exploring how the way we hold our pencil affects how we draw
- Next we will practice drawing straight and curved lines – the foundations of every drawing – and I'll show you some techniques to help you achieve better results with those
- Then we'll use our straight and curved line drills as we practice drawing some commonly used shapes, which act as building blocks when we come to drawing from a reference
- We'll discuss the holy grail of drawing – observation – and explore why it can be difficult for us to draw what is actually in front of us, and I'll show you some strategies to help you observe better and more objectively
- Next, we will explore subject matter, and we'll look at some good and bad examples, with tips to help you choose subjects that will give you the best chance of creating successful drawings
- Finally, we'll put all the theory and practice together by going through the step-by-step process of creating a sketch from start to finish